More than one month after arriving in Portugal, I still feel like there are lots of things I haven't written in this blog about these 6 great months I spent in China! Many of those will, most obviously, continue unwritten, but some still have to be mentioned and some people, because they were so great in those 6 months, deserve a post for themselves.I once wrote about Amy and Mario, today I'll write about Chris.
His complete name was Christiaan Willy Greyling and the first thing I remember to notice about him was his funny Afrikaans accent, because he was a truly Afrikaans from South Africa (well, I only knew his funny accent was Afrikaans after he told me, at first I just thought it was funny). For those who don't know, the Afrikaans are considered the "white tribe of Africa" and is formed by the descendants of the Dutch people who settled in South Africa with Jan van Ribeek in 1652 and the many others who joined them later.
Chris and I were always ready to go out to all the discos of Shantou to dance, drink, have fun and, I must confess, sometimes we even shared some minor troubles, but nothing worth t be told! :-) We were also always ready to go for a stroll in our days off and all the photos I have from Shantou were taken in this trips to Shantou and surroundings with Chris.
As you probably noticed already, Chris was a "party animal" and his staying in Shantou made these 6 months truly remarkable. Now he's working in Guangzhou, capital city of Gangdong (Cantão) and he's going back to South Africa in September, probably stopping for a couple of weeks in Lisbon to check if Lisbon's night is better than Shantou's! Well... I hope he's not disappointed about it, because here nobody pays drinks to foreigners just because they're foreigners!
1 comentário:
Esta foto está fantástica! ahahah...
Enviar um comentário